Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Name Game

I read before that we have different faces for different situations. I repeated that on this blog. Now I want to explore the different names that each person has. I take inspiration from a Candy magazine article by Ana Gonzales (a UST Journalism grad thankyouverymuch) on what to blog about during summer. My mind can sometimes be as dry as the weather so this suggestion was an actual good idea.

Here's a list of names that people have called me throughout the years...

If you call me Joanna Nicole then you're either my mother or father. I'd be in big trouble if Chichioco Batac were added to that mix. That's the name they use when I goof up and do something stupid.

If you call me Joanna then you're probably my teacher. Since that is the name that's usually on my test papers and registration forms. I don't really like being called by this name.

If you call me Nikki then you're my kabarkada, a high school friend or a friend from my blog. It was a moniker that I had back in high school and only those pretty close to me call me by that name. Also those people who are my friends online because it's part of my url. DUH. HAHA

If you call me Ate then you're either my mother, father, kuya or younger cousin. It's a term of endearment and family thing. I'm the youngest (I only have an older brother) but I'm just too serious for my own sake sometimes.

If you call me Nicole then you're an acquaintance or a college buddy. I introduce myself to people as Nicole since I mentioned that I don't really like being called Joanna. We have a Nikki in class so I can't use that nickname so my college friends know me as Nicole. But I beg you please say it properly. It's pronounced as "Nichole" and not "Nikol". I love my name so please respect people! You know who you are...

If you call me Ms. President then you're part of 2jrn1 or you're a professor who got mad at the class. I'm the class president. Enough said.

If you call me Best then you're Rianne. She's my best friend residing in Australia.

If you call me Nikki-banban then you're part of UEU and you were part of that nickname phase. It was a cutesy high school nickname from Pia or Pchan. It stuck for awhile but Nikki stayed longer. Pchan sticked though. I still call her that.

If you call me Batac then you're a high school batchmate. We had a thing of calling each other by the last name. Someone even phoned my house looking for me but used the name Batac. My dad was slightly confused by that. HAHA

If you called me Chocolate then you're Jeff Alvaran. A high school and grade school batchmate who couldn't pronounce Chichioco (my middle name) so he called me Chocolate even until we graduated high school.

I probably have a lot more names that I can't really remember but these were pretty much the major ones that stuck. I guess we really do have more names than we can even count.

5 comments:

Poli said...

Haha nung isang beses din tumawag ako sa classmate ko na surname ang tawag ko. Ang sabi nung nakasagot..."Maraming Alombro na nakatira dito." Nyahaha!

Nikki said...

HAHA Sabi nung dad ko nun "Sinong Batac?" HAHA Nakakatawa yung ganun talaga...

cel said...

i just saw your comment about that UNICEF thinggy! haha!~ anyway... really hope so... id been dreaming bout this for so long... and it would be useful for Med school credentials as well... =D

u gave me an idea for something to blog... thanks again.. =D

mikaela said...

"nikol" si mam domingo tumatwag sayo nyan eh
wahehe...
si irene sexy nga pla toh..ililink kita ah..wahehe

Nikki said...

kaya nga favorite ko yun... haha wag mo kalimutan si sir brillo isa pa yun... ewww...