Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Signs, Coincidences

Today something happened that made me believe in signs and coincidences... well it was last night actually but you get my point. Last night at around ten o clock my brother called. He's in Merville at my lola's house hanging out with friends. Anyway well nangungulit lang siya but then I can hear in the background my tito and titas were telling him to give me the number in Makati Med because my mom was staying the night there not that my mom is sick it is actually her sister so my tita... I don't know what it happening with her but I do hope she gets better... anyway, I was actually the only one home last night because my dad went to the Rotary to deal with work... this hasn't been the first time I was left at home alone so I am pretty cool about it.

Anyway let's continue... as I said my kuya gave me the tel. number of the room of my tita and I didn't right it down frankly I thought that it just was no use to write it down my mom was only there for one night and my dad will be home in a few hours... so well I continued watching Entertainment Tonight after he called then I just went to bed.

We have two phones here at home one in our bedroom and in my dad's work area that belongs to us and another one in my tito's room. I am actually sleeping in my tito's room because he is vacationing in Australia... just like what my dad did last year at their sister's home... at my tita's home... anyway I hear the fax machine ringing in my dad's work area and I checked the clock it was about quarter to one so grudgingly I get up to answer it because I sort of thought that my dad wasn't home yet then I was suddenly talking to one of my dad's colleagues and he said that my dad had an accident... I remember when I told my friends I had an accident they thought that I was hit by a car or something... because I guess when you say accident it means something severe... anyway I was sort of thinking that he tripped or something because my dad has polio. He was born with it and his right leg is so much smaller well not smaller it is just really thin it is like skin then the bones already... anyway I was right and they brought him to the hospital and said that he was having his xray and they were waiting for the anesthesiologist. At first I didn't think of it that much but then while I was getting into bed I was really worried because why the hell would they need one?!

Anyway, she wanted me to call my mom and then call her back on her cell then *boom* (hehe may effects pa...) it hit me I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN THE NUMBER DOWN! It was unbelievable. I was a bit sweaty and a bit teary-eyed I didn't know what to do! It was past one and I didn't have the number only my family at Merville new... so I gathered up my courage and called them one o clock in the morning just to ask for the number at the hospital... after three rings luckily another coincidence or just luck my other tita picked up and I was able to get the number I was able to contact my mom.

It was just unbelievable how it all works really. I was so stupid not to follow it the first time. It made me believe in these signs and coincidences. I say this because I read this book before entitled Small Miracles. It was a collection of stories regarding coincidences and how they became "miracles" in these people's lives.

I learned my lesson and my dad arrived at around quarter to five in the morning (meaning almost no sleep for me...) and well he fractured something near he's ankle I heard him say to the driver that luckly he didn't fracture his ankle because he has to undergo surgery if he did... God does work mysteriously and I thank him for not putting anymore harm in my dad... I am very thankful... well I will go for now... still have to eat breakfast... my eyes hurt by the way...

*kisses*
nikki

P.S. Sorry for the long entry... : )

No comments: