Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dampened Holiday Spirit

Christmas is three days away but aside from the "vacation" I'm not as festive as I used to be... it could be the pile of school work I have hanging over my head, other problems, my single status (wahahaha sorry I could not help but add that) or just the fact that I'm no longer the little kid waiting for the beautiful toys I usually got during Christmas... let's face it no matter how much we say that Christmas is a giving and sharing holiday that giving and sharing spirit is usually given to our younger siblings and cousins and children...

I'm not saying that I don't like the holiday. I actually love it because people are just a bit nicer during this time of the season. Some may be that way out of the occasion. Some fake it so much that tupperware doesn't have anything on them. But there is that certain sense of "light heartedness" (if that word even existed) spreading around during this time that it is actually enlightening and heartwarming (okay blame me for being a sentimental fool on that last statement).

I especially love it when people give gifts that were actually well thought of. That's my favorite part because to me the thought behind those presents matter more than the actual object (okay unless someone gives me an ipod for Christmas! HAHA). It may seem like it's all about the presents but in reality it is all about the meaning behind them. I believe that we should give gifts that could actually mean something for our loved ones. For my friends who gave me such thoughtful gifts I just have to extend my heartfelt thank you... : )

But as I was saying awhile ago, I still feel like something is missing. I've been feeling rather lost these past few months. I'm caught up in the trivialities of life so the feeling seems to make itself present even more right now. I can't really pin point it but I just wanted to write it down. I feel lost...

It's silly how I let that dampen my holiday spirit but I can't seem to rid myself of the feeling. At least I've been taken out of it for awhile because I have been spending a lot of time with friends both my barkada and college friends...

Paskuhan was great only because my friends were there. I was particularly happy when I saw Mr. Six Pack (don't ask). And to be honest I haven't gotten over the kilig... I'm being a silly girl right now... LOL Just wanted to talk about my emotions really. And right now my spirits are actually feeling a bit better. That's why I love writing because once I have things down on paper (or online) the weight of my world slips away.

And after you read this particular entry, forget about what I said in the first place...

HAPPY and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I'll probably be back before the 24th or 25th...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw you last paskuhan!

wat a small world tlga..hehe

wel,,small lng nman ang ust.hehe

hapi holidays!!!

Nikki said...

Boring as usual haha... it was only fun because my friends were there and the fireworks were pretty... I heard about what happened... that must suck...

Anyway, Merry Christmas Szusza!

Nikki said...

yun nga e small lang talaga ang ust hehe...

happy holidays din betsy mwah!