Thursday, December 28, 2006

YEAH It's 2007!!! Almost...

Okay I've been MIA these past few days because I've been busy and I really didn't have any stories to tell... I know I haven't finished talking about my Zambales experience but I just don't have it in me right now to write about that. For Pete's sake it's almost 2007 (okay I don't know Pete but I enjoy using that expression!HAHA) and I feel like I'm ready for this new year... I've gained interesting insight these past few days and I plan to put it into practice. It seems like a resolution and I guess I resolved to grow...

I've had a pretty interesting year. We all probably felt that way. I've gained friends, lost a few, lost and discovered myself, lost faith and then believed again, and I laugh and cried where I recall one time doing both... I felt a LOT of things. It has been a struggle and I won't deny that but it has all been wickedly cool if you ask me.

These past two weeks I've been doing some subtle changes in myself and my look. I got my hair cut on the 23. I just wanted the change and I've been sporting black polish last week. It was just a fashion statement really. I've been too scared to do that before feeling like I couldn't pull it off but guess what I did! HAHA

I discovered that things do turn out the way we want them to. I know there's an entry here that contradicts this statement and so I use the word DISCOVERED. Anyway, things turn out the way we want them to but not in the superficial level but it comes as a result of our inner desires sometimes we get what we want unconsciously (I'm not just talking about the good things). We attract what we want and don't want because we put so much effort into both things. I've learned this the hard way.

This coming year I resolve to forget all the bad things and concentrate on the good things in my life. So what if I lost and gained weight this year?! So what if I got my heart broken?! So what if I failed sometimes?! So what if I didn't always get what I expected I would?! I have begun throwing away all those bad stuff out my window. It's taking up way too much space. Enough is enough I guess.

I know that now is my time to be thankful for the wonderful people I surround myself with. For the good health that I'm still enjoying. For the quality education. For the laughs I shared with my loved ones. For the necessities and some desires I am able to enjoy. I know I'm a lucky person I'm just not as thankful as I should be. That's what I plan to put into practice...

Now here's to hoping that everyone shares my perspective. We all have to stop dwelling on the negative. It doesn't help us one bit...

Hope you all had a blast in 2006!

Now let us welcome 2007 with open arms and be thankful that we're still alive to experience life's beautiful mysteries!! Take care everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww nice nice nice post!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Nikki said...

thanks happy new year to you too!