Thursday, October 13, 2005

Reminiscing Halloween

I love vacations... breaks... it's just all good... haha it is so good to bum around... and this gives me more oppurtunities to blog everyday... : )

Well today I went with Pia to Ange because she had to give something that Mrs. Ocampo borrowed from her. It was fun to be considered an alumni and all... it was cool... haha

And being back made me realize how much I have changed... well not really but maybe being older than majority of the people in Ange are younger than me it just gives me that sort of confidence boost. You could see it in my eyes, in the way I dress... and maybe pretty much in my outlook of life. I guess this is just one of those days when I love growing up...

Some days it is just hell... and there are those moments when I miss being a kid... like when we were in Gateway yesterday we went into Rustan's and well we were in the kid's section and there were halloween costumes there... and it reminded me of my trick-or-treating days... those were the old days which I loved... especially the dressing up part... it was fun to feel like a grown up for a bit because of the make-up my mom used to put on me! I remember at Merville (where my Lola & Lolo live, mother side by the way) that was where we spent halloween because it was a subdivision and you could go trick-or-treating... and there were these contests for the best costumes and I won twice! Forgot the price though... haha

I now appreciate how much my mom put into my costumes... I won wearing this big beautiful butterfly wings which I remember my parents painting... those wings could flap they attached some sort of strings that when I tugged they flapped. And I had sequins on my face... I was a pretty butterfly! haha Then there was also this roaring twenties theme... I had this yellow dress with all these ruffles and tassles on it and it made me look like I was in the wrong era or something... those were really fun days... I miss them terribly... it was so much fun... : )

I'm just going to leave it at this... I love this quote...

Children see beauty in the littlest of things. Grown-ups don't for their eyes have been blinded by complexity. It is easy for them to forget for they have many other things to trouble over. I don't ever want to grow up. I don't ever want to forget.

No comments: