Saturday, September 23, 2006

Of Victories and Veronica Mars

I had a great Thursday afternoon! Actually it was a good Thursday afternoon for the entire Thomasian community...

After 7 years of being deprived the championship game, the UST Growling Tigers finally made it into the finals against the Ateneo Blue Eagles... I know that they deserve it... they have worked hard for it...

What's great was that I was there! The 250 pesos I splurged on the lower box tickets were worth it! It was fantastic!! I still can't stop talking about it! I do hope I get tickets from my tito for Game 1 on Sunday... if not I'm definitely watching on Thursday!

I salute the Tigers for doing so well... I just remembered the lead of the Libre tabloid last Thursday which said that: "The UST Growling Tigers are not where we expected them to be. They are in the finals."

I have never been this excited about basketball before! I have faith that they would give it their all this time! Go Growling Tigers! Go USTe!

I received this text message from a friend of my last night:

"Heroes are made, not born. And this time, a young team proved that they are HEROES in the making... a team ignored by many... a team unexpected to RISE... a team with HIDDEN CLAWS... a team that is destined to GROWL ONCE MORE. It's OUR TEAM. We're on for the Championship!"

No matter what other people say it is for the pride of our school... it unites the student body in a way I can not even explain... call it shallow or whatever... it is pretty much what it still is. A victory...

Now I move on to the second part of my entry... Veronica Mars... I love this show, there isn't anything like it... I just loved this dialogue between Logan and Veronica... I love them together (more than Duncan and Veronica)...

Logan: I thought our story was epic, you know? You and me.
Veronica: Epic how?
Logan: Spanning years, and continents. Lives ruined and blood shed. Epic. But summer's almost here, and we won't see each other at all. And then you'll leave town, and then... it's over.
Veronica: Logan...
Logan: I'm sorry about last summer. You know, if I could do it over...
Veronica: Come on. Ruined lives? Bloodshed? You really think a relationship should be that hard?
Logan: No one writes songs about the ones that come easy.

I especially love the last line... I'm such a sucker for lines like those... only a few people can write songs about easy relationships... is it easier to write about all our heartaches because a lot of people experience it more? We never get tired of talking about our heartaches... I know I'm guilty of doing that... I wonder why that is the case...

No one writes songs about the ones that come easy...

No comments: