Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Dashboard and Dashboard Confessional

A dashboard maybe defined as a panel under the windshield of a vehicle, containing indicator dials, compartments, and sometimes control instruments. Dashboard Confessional got their name from one of their songs, "The Sharp Hint of New Tears." According to Wikipedia and all the other internet sources, the name was supposed to be for the lead singer-songwriter Chris Carrabba (my second husband after Orlando Bloom! HAHA) but he often had his friends with him when he played and so he made the line-up permanent.

I've always wondered about the meaning of dashboard. I know where it is in a car but I have no idea what it actually does. If you're a Blogger user you're familiar with this word because in order to modify your blog you would be clicking this link that says DASHBOARD. I finally looked it up (my grandfather would be happy) and it's description made sense.

A dashboard controls and keeps things. In this blogger's case, Blogger controls and keeps all of my ideas. It helps me compartmentalize and send those ideas out into the world. Blogger's dashboard helps me think straight. It's my little online guide to blogging.

As for the Dashboard Confessional thing, well I've been listening a lot to them. I thank the person who introduced me to Hands Down so many years ago because after that song I was just floored by the band. And when I saw how gorgeous Chris is, I know I will forever love the band!

No matter how many people say that they're too emo or whatever I don't really care. I don't know how he does it but Chris manages to passionately sing about emotions. It just grabs me and I take it all in... hook, line and sinker.

2 comments:

Poli said...

I like they're songs!

Nikki said...

They're amazing! HAHA