Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Holy Week Jetlag

I did not go anywhere for Holy Week. I was with my family and tradition was upheld. I talked about that in my previous entry already and I wrote in because I want to talk about what happened after Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.

I mentioned that a few relatives were coming home for a little vacation and they arrived on Saturday night. It has been a whirlwind of activity since then. Since that night we have not eaten on time. Last Saturday we ate at around 9 o 'clock. On Sunday we had lunch at 3 and dinner at around 9 again. Yesterday we ate lunch at 1. Let's just say that our systems are a bit out of wack.

Their arrival made me appreciate my family more. My cousin Nicky is so adorable and gorgeous. She's so tall for an eleven-year-old and I can see good things in her future. I'm starting to see the value of spending time with family more. Summer vacation is giving me the luxury to do so. I look at my family in different perspective now. I can sum it up in these words: SLIGHTLY DYSFUNCTIONAL BUT COMPLETELY HAPPY. There are quirks and weaknesses but we have been good to each other and I'm thankful for that. I have been given a good biological family. I have an amazing set of friends who I consider family as well.

I spent my Holy Week thanking the Lord for my family. Here's to the people I know will always be there for me. They may not always get my attitude but I know that they will be there to support me no matter what. That certainly gives me the faith to carry on with my life.

3 comments:

cel said...

sorry, didnt mean to cramp up your tagboard.. its just that the tagboard was lagging... peace! =)

Poli said...

Hey, good for you and your family.
So what's more fun? Being with your real family or your Sims family?

That's a tough one for you! Hehe!

Nikki said...

No it's not Poli! HEHE Of course my real family... : )

Cel it's okay... : )