Friday, April 27, 2007

Easier Said Than Done

It's just change... it is so easy to type and say it but it is hard to convince yourself of how easy it is to transition from one point in your life to another.

I know that I did not take the transition from high school to college that easily. I know that I'm still adjusting... I have two years left and then I have to make another transition into the REAL WORLD.

Change is so disorienting that I have no idea how to approach it. Life would probably be easier if we were taught how to adjust to change but I know that learning how to instantly cope with change as if it were a topic in an English class would just suck the fun out of life.

Yes, I said that it would drain us of the joys of life. Some people would disagree with me because even I would disagree with myself at times on this particular topic.

I crave change and success but the changes aren't always that easy to adjust to. The fear still holds me back, other people's success stories can add to my insecurities... you see that good and sometimes frightening part about change is that you are not the only person going through it, everyone and everything changes.

It's easier said than done when it comes to change. But choosing to accept and work with that change has its rewards. I'm trying to accept and work with the changes in my environment. I believe that when I stop rejecting those changes out of fear and complacency things would work out naturally without any interference on my part.

As it is said in my new layout: I'll will let the star lead my way. I know that it's time to let things work out on their own.

No comments: