Friday, July 14, 2006

Me And My Heart

Call me a sucker for profound words, words of love, promise, hope and optimism but that has always been who I am... that's why I love my current wallpaper... you can check it out if you want to in my little entertainment section... the words are from One Tree Hill's season finale for season 2 "The Tide That Left and Never Came Back". I made that little wallpaper for my own benefit. And I do think Hilarie Burton is pretty and I love Peyton's character.

This show has had a lot of impact in my life I can't really say how but it has... I love the truthfulness hidden inside some of the mushy and sometimes profound words they utter... although it isn't that much reflective of what teens here in the "real" world would say (like in The OC) I still find beauty and truth in them maybe because some of the thoughts do swirl around in my head and the show serves as an outlet for it all... who knows?!

Speaking of words, I have been playing The Wreckers' song Leave The Pieces since last night on repeat. I've let a couple of songs slip in but somehow this song is on top of my playlist. One of my professors said (I forgot who) that songs do tend to reflect some part of us or there are certain lyrics that catch our attention because it strikes some sort of nerve in us... okay those weren't the exact words but that was the thought behind it.

I don't know maybe I'm just lonely and trying to pick on my desolate heart by emphasizing who lonely it actually feels... okay I'm being a sap again... sorry. What is it with me and these type of songs? I'm also playing When It All Falls Apart by The Veronicas over and over... what is it with lyrics that go...

"And it's alright Yeah, I'll be fine Don't worry about this heart of mine Just, take your love and hit the road Cause nothing you can do or say You're gonna break my heart anyway So just leave the pieces when you go..."

"Cause baby Everything is F'ed up straight from the heart Tell me what do you do, when it all falls apart Gotta pick myself up where do I start Cuz I can't turn to you when it all falls apart..."

Me and my heart... I must be going crazy.

I really have to start working on my weekend school load after the crazy weather I still have tons to do...

I'm going to watch Pirates tomorrow!!! Woohoo!!!!! Bye for now!

No comments: