Tuesday, March 28, 2006

God Answers Prayers

God answers prayers... okay so I didn't really pray for this but that heat has been insufferable these past few days. Don't get me wrong I LOVE SUMMER. I'm in love with summer if it were a man I would marry it. But it has been suffocating like a possessive boyfriend (get it the marry comment then the boyfriend thing? Okay never mind. I suck at this... I can never be a comedian. Don't think about what you just read). It is raining right now. Well I guess it is supposed to be La Nina or something so should rain really be expected this summer? Can anyone answer that for me?

I just finished refilling water bottles. That isn't such a bad thing but doing that at 10:45 at night just so you could have "semi" cold water from a slightly broken freezer in the morning, that is a bad thing. It has been so hot that I can't even drink tea anymore. Hot tea I mean. I love tea also. I am a certified tea drinker. No coffee for this young lady. Starbucks will not be gaining profit from me. No sir.



Well I have been living on that album up there among other things this summer. I am a self-proclaimed music junkie yet there are a lot of things I don't know about the industry. No I am not an aspiring singer because I can't sing... not professionally anyway. But I just love music (I think this is the third time I said that I loved something), it calms me when I'm pissed, it brings a natural high. It is just something that helps me get through the dizzying world. I am not one of those deep music people (okay I need to find a better name for that) who are into classic rock or electroclash music, I do not even know what that is. I'm into mainstream and I am not ashamed to admit that. I listen to the latest stuff and from there I research. Okay I download. Thanks to DSL and the wonders of LimeWire.

I am currently "discovering" music through well it started out when I got the songs from both One Tree Hill and The OC's soundtrack. They are the shows that feature indie bands and sort of get them out there for the public to get the chance to hear their music. I usually get my "discoveries" (I really do not know what to call them) from shows and one of my favorite songs right now is from She's The Man's soundtrack: Dave Lichens song Let Go.

What are you people listening to right now? If I had an IPod it would be filled to the brim probably. Well I'm currently listening to Tyler Hilton, Gavin DeGraw (one of my favorite if not favorite male singer), Yellow Card, All American Rejects (I love them! Love "Move Along"), Teddy Geiger, FeFe Dobson, Death Cab for Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Sleater-Kinney (something I just discovered today thanks to ElleGirl, I'm a magazine junkie too), Bethany Joy Lenz, songs from OTH andThe OC and She's The Man soundtracks which include Mozella, Hawthorne Heights, Jem, Nada Surf, Jonathan Rice, The Faders and I love Hemorrhage by Fuel (thanks to American Idol) and the list goes on among the other 300 plus songs on my PC right now. My dad would kill me. I need to get some Modest Mouse and The Faders (this is a reminder). People might be rolling their eyes and thinking what a wannabe but hey I am "rediscovering" I am taking it one step at a time. I am finding the things that make me tick and I seem to be taking an attraction to Punk and Emo music. I am more of a rock fan. I just love music.

Arvee asked me if I was bored. Actually I have a lot to do this summer. I have left a disaster site here at home after I finished my first year and everything just needs to be straightened out. The same problems I had last summer (consult my archive section) are still rampant now. I'm still lazy. Big surprise there. I haven't gone through all my magazines yet. I haven't been on a movie marathon. Although my dad and I watched 5 episodes of Lost last night. It is our favorite bonding experience. And my dad is currently downloading Gilmore Girls episodes for me. He's almost through with the Lost episodes, thus the marathon. We just love that show and I will never look at the following numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42 the same way ever again.

It is pretty late (for me anyway) and I guess I'd better go. I really have to get my life in order before I start anything. There I have it in writing. Good. What an appropriate song: "No Sleep Tonight" sorry but I am going to sleep.

No comments: