Monday, March 27, 2006

What I Want In A Man

I have been contemplating over the whole "Channing fever" (yes it has a name now) because he has captured the hearts of every single warm blooded woman below their thirties (maybe even higher than that?) and maybe even a few guys(???) who have seen the movie... wait there is this one person I know who didn't fall for the act. Yes Sushi/Ms. P I'm talking about you... I find that really interesting... HAHA

As I said I have been contemplating on this whole thing and how all the women I know who were captivated by this movie fell in love with the character Channing portrayed. Duke (Channing's character) was the guy every girl dreams of. He's athletic yet shy and sensitive at the same time. A perfect match and with a face like this who wouldn't fall in love:



He portrayed the things we want in a man, the things I want in a man. I got so crazy because he was the epitome of what I wanted and if he had been in the form of this guy below I probably would want to fly to the States or is he in London right now (???) and demand that he marry me (I'd be crazy enough to do that! LOL):


It's peculiar how a simple chick flick (I admit that "She's The Man" is the ultimate chick flick, in my opinion anyway) would evoke me into reevaluating what I wanted in a partner. As you all know I am a member of the "No Boyfriend Since Birth" society (if you didn't, well you do now) and it would probably seem like I do not know what the heck I am talking about but this is my preference so don't criticize me for my choices.

I want either an athletic guy or someone who has a lean body without even trying to be lean, he could be a musician with an excellent singing voice, or the captain of his sports team in school or just an active player on the team (being on the soccer or basketball team would be a definite plus), or he could be slightly geeky / a responsible student who's active in the campus. Being a looker would be another definite plus.

He must be confident but not overbearing. He must NOT have an ego bigger than his head. He must be open-minded, intelligence would be a definite plus or a necessity (how would I talk to him if he wasn't?!) and he must be understanding.

He must be a gentleman in his own way, a closet romantic, a passionate person (not just for me but for what he loves to do). He doesn't have to say all the right words but in his presence I must be comfortable enough to say what's on my mind. We would be able to jump from one topic to another without any glitches.

When I would look into his eyes I would feel like nothing would ever harm me. He would stand up for what he believes in. He knows when to admit he's wrong and I will do the same. He would be patient with me. He would be willing to see chick flicks with me once in awhile because I'd be willing to see the gory movies with him.

He would complement my being in lots of ways. We would live separate lives but still manage to feel like we can't live without each other. He would love me with all his soul and I shall do the same. He would be idealistic and realistic at the same time to know that even love would not bring food to the table. He would be the guy who would make me want to be a better person.

It seems highly idealistic I know but then again these are what I want and I believe that sometimes if you wish hard enough you will get what you want... and this is what I want, emphasis on the I.


***Channing Tatum picture taken from http://www.modellaunch.com/face/article.php?id=1000070; photo taken by Richard Phibbs

***Orlando Bloom pictures taken from www.theobfiles.com & http://patsie.livejournal.com/; first photo from 2003 UK GQ photo shoot, by James Dimmock

No comments: