Sunday, March 25, 2007

Classic One Tree Hill

Okay I'm a fan girl. I know that. I know only a few people who truly love the show as much as I do. I even vote to save the show you see I'd be devastated without the show! It's a sad sad world I tell you! HAHA Okay whatever...

I'm trying to catch up with the shows I've neglected because I had real life duties to fulfill i.e. huge amount of school work. I just finished episode 13 from One Tree Hill's 4th season. The episode was sort of a filler. It was entitled "Pictures of You". More info on the episode at TV.com
I just wanted to say that this is episode is one of the reasons why I love this show. I love every episode but this one stands out a bit. I have a few favorite episodes but let's not get into that. I have even more favorite moments but let's not get into that either. I just want to share a few favorite things about this episode. Taken from TV.com

Quotes:

Lucas: (immitating Gollum) My precious.
Glenda: You do a really good Elmo.

Haley: Okay, pregnant girl on the roof. (Skills laughs)
Skills: Come on now man, we had a deal, no early deliveries.(Haley laughs)
Haley: Alright.
Skills: Now, check it out. You're gonna love this view. It's the shiznit.
Haley: Wow. This view really is the shiznit.

Shelly: I'm kind of afraid of being here with you.
Mouth: Why?
Shelly: Because I'm a clean teen. And you're hot.
*I always loved Mouth. Such a good guy! Perfect best friend material.

Peyton: Take your shirt off.
Nathan: Wow, just like the old days!
*They looked good together but the current pairings are better.

Lucas: (voiceover) I wish I woulda hung out with Glenda before today. Something tells me she coulda been a great friend. But it's good to know there's still a little time left to do that... And I also learned her last name. And I learned that one hour can change everything.

Glenda: (voiceover) 50 minutes ago I called Lucas Scott a Jock. But, I was wrong. He's more than one simple word. I guess we all are. Anyway, I learned that Lucas is actually a lot like me. Who knew?

Mouth: (voiceover) Some of you have met Shelly Simon, Clean Teen. But today I got to know Shelly Simon, teen. I also asked her to prom.
Shelly: (voiceover) An hour ago, I called Marvin McFadden nice. He is, but I shoulda called him dangerous. I also said yes to Prom.
*Okay I thought this was cute.

Nathan: (voiceover) I spent the class with Peyton Sawyer. It reminded me what a good friend she is. I also learned that, considering recent history, she's not quite ready for the whole picture thing.

Chase: (voiceover) Today I spent an hour with Brooke Davis, and I learnt something. People are gonna label you. It's how you overcome those labels. That's what matters.
*Advice I actually need.

Rachel: Thank god this riduculous class is almost over.
Bevin: I liked it.
Rachel: That's because you're too blissfully stupid to resist.
Bevin: I know people think I'm stupid. But I'm not dumb. I just let you and the other girls have your way because that's how you need it to be. But I think Karl's right. Pretty soon, we're all gonna graduate, and I can start over. But it'll be hard for the people who need this place to make themselves feel special. People who use high school to build themselves up and then find out that the real world doesn't care so much about who you were in high school. People like you. (Small pause). Okay, so, what are we gonna do for our pictures?
*One of my favorite OTH scenes ever. Bevin finally speaks up. It sort of stings a bit though about what she said about high school. I somehow cling onto high school sometimes. Truth certainly hurts.

Skills: Okay, just give me a few minutes. Why don't you tell me your secret.
Haley: Sometimes I feel incredibly disconnected, uncomfortable in my own skin. Or, kinda like I don't fit into this world. Like I was born at the wrong time, and I don't belong. I just think about my son, and it scares me, cos I don't ever want him to feel like he doesn't belong. I don't know if my heart could bear that.
Skills: Nah, he'll belong. The kid gonna rock this place.
Haley: You think so?Skills: Oh yeah, I do. Cos his mom got his back, and if she don't, I do. I promise.
*Sweet little moment I loved. You rarely see Haley and Skills together.

Brooke: I was worried I wouldn't be enough for you. That's why I lied. That's what I'm afraid of. Not being enough, not... good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not...
Chase: Brooke, your the student council president, captain of the cheerleaders and probably one of the most popular girls in school. How is that not good enough?
Brooke: I don't know, you should ask my parents. Considering they haven't called in a month. Month and a half, actually. Not a single call, or text, or email. So what do you suppose that says about me?
Chase: I think it says more about your parents.
*I feel more and more like Brooke. All the not being good enough stuff is so me... I sort of found the answers to my plagued mind in this episode.

Haley: I love the idea of being a mom, I really do. But, I just... I still wanna leave my mark on this world.
Skills: And that's what scares you? Not having the chance to do that.
Haley: Yeah, a little, and.... clowns. Clowns really scare me.

Teacher: Like it or not, you are who your classmates see you as. But here's the good news, that's gonna change soon. Because pretty soon, you're going to be going out into that big wide world, and you can erase all those labels. Now, for some of you, shedding this image is going to be, uh, a great thing. And for some of you, not such a great thing. But what matters is that you know who you really are. And you know how you want the world to see you.

Lucas: (voice-over) You ever wonder how long it takes to change your life? What measure of time is enough to be life altering? Is it four years like high school, one year, an eight week rock tour? Can your life change in a month, or a week or a single day? Were always in a hurry to grow up to go places to get ahead but when your young one hour can change everything.

And this was one of my favorite scenes...

*Photo was taken from here xanga.com/loverslanexQUOTES

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you I just couldn't sleep and I was trying to find some oth quotes and well... that was not the point...
I love the show too, I think that everyone that likes oth that much is because we are emphatic with the characters... or at least, I do. I have no idea what I'm doing writing to a complete stranger but ... as you, I used to think that I was not enough and I really felt like my life & brooke's life was the same & that still makes me kind of sad but let in time i realised that I'm enough to be happy & to be myself if you felt like brooke you need to know that you can do even what seems imposible if you trust youself.

ps: i just realised that this blog hasnt had any activity during years but I'll post it anyway in case there's anyone out there who reads it!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was the one who used to own this blog. I was surprised someone still stumbled on this.

I didn't catch the latest season. One or another thing just sort of irked me about it. But looking back at this reminded me of what a big part the show has played in my life.

Thanks for replying and reminding me of that :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
At first I wasn't really going to post a comment. My mood was telling m,e that I need to find those quotes, and find this picture of Brooke. So thanks for getting it into one place. And thanks for reminding me how awesome and meaningful this show was to me. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi! This show got me through a lot too. I don't follow it anymore but I have such fond memories of this. And funny how after two years I can still imagine this episode play out in my head.