Thursday, May 25, 2006

AMERICAN IDOL AMERICAN IDOL AMERICAN IDOL

Another season is done... the best in the American point of view battled it out and Mr. Taylor Hicks emerged as the winner. I am a Katharine McPhee fan but I know that Taylor deserves the title. He nailed the performance night. It was his night.

Well, except for Katharine's illustrious "Somewhere Over Rainbow" rendition. She's so great! I love Kat! I pray for a successful career for her she deserves it. This season's idols deserve it. I just can't say enough how this is the best season ever!

It was a star studded night! I loved all the performances in the result show. I was surprised when Prince arrived because I know the rumors around him and how he turned down "mentoring" the idols, I guess he just wanted to perform.

It has been a great season. I wished it would have been a Chris and Katharine finale but things have a way of working out. More things are in store for this people I just know it.

This is actually the first season where I was rooting for someone to actually win the American Idol title. I didn't really have a favorite between Fantasia and La Toya in Season 3 or Bo and Carrie in Season 4 (I wanted Constantine to win!). This season I wanted Chris to win but that didn't happen although I was happy that my favorite idol Katharine was in the finale. This time I was hoping very badly that she would win it. But after I saw the performances last night I just had a feeling that Taylor was supposed to win this. I accepted it last night already...

And before I end this entry I just want to say something in Katharine's defense. Her debut single which I know is not made by them did not showcase her talent as much as it should have. As Randy put it, she was greater than that song. Now all I have to wait for is her debut album...

No comments: