Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It Tastes Like Chicken

Because every single time I watch One Tree Hill I get the urge to write I am here in front of the PC. I am trying to watch The OC and typing this entry at the same time. Thanks to WinFast TV Tuner on the PC... it is still hard though. As I said, that show has a way of making me want to write something, anything creative. That's why I make a lot of allusions to that show. It just has that effect on me.

Since I don't have any particular topic in mind. I decided to look through the list of topics I want to talk about on this blog (yes I have a list). And the last one seems to strike my fancy at the moment so here goes nothing...

It tastes like chicken... that is the idea. It is a funny expression but we use it for things we don't want to eat because it is somewhat exotic or just plain wierd or nasty. It is like a reassurance I guess.

My dad gave me the idea for this entry while we were having lunch a week ago. He commented on how funny it is that every thing else we wouldn't think of eating is portrayed as something "chicken-ish".

What I am trying to get at actually is life. I thought that this expression is a great way of living our lives. We fear a lot of things and to have something familiar and secure makes us feel safe. We should apply the philosophy of the chicken and take each fear and oppurtunity and see it as something that is attainable, not scary and within our reach.

Really just think of it this way... IT TASTES LIKE CHICKEN.

Blame this on my over active imagination. A somewhat intelligent entry when you look at it in a certain point of view...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know a way wherein you can comment in LJ without clicking the Anonymous button. Just click on the the "OpenID" option. Here's a link for more details = http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=231

Nikki said...

szusza di ata compatible sa blogger...