Saturday, May 27, 2006

Conformity Is Overrated

I never expect complex story lines from comic books turned into movies because most of the time they can not place too much depth alongside all that action and X-Men did not prove me wrong on that one. But that trilogy still manages to entertain me and make me fall in love with it which leaves me waiting for the "rumored" Wolverine spin off movie (or I am waiting for the spin off because Hugh Jackman would be in it).

It could be the female superheroes (I love Storm!), Hugh Jackman (I really do have a HUGE CRUSH on this guy, no pun intended), the insane special effects and action squences, or the emotionality, as the actors put it, contained in each of these mutants stories.

To be living in world where non-conformity and deviant behavior is seen as a disease this movie did leave that important message for their audiences: Never let other people decide what you think is right, fight for your principles as long as you know it is for the greater good, and never conform just to belong. It took the special of MTV on the movie for me to grasp this message.

To be honest when I left the cinema I was a bit disappointed because I felt like it was missing something and it was somehow anti-climactic. I felt that this wasn't supposed to be the way they were going to end this series. But I realized the significance of it all and now I know that everything ended as it was supposed to.

Although I do have a lot of questions... what really happened to Rouge? Does the cure have side effects? And to all the fans of the comic book, what is Angel's other power aside from flying? I'm serious about the last question can someone please answer that for me.

Oh, last question if you were an X-Men who would you be?

I would love to be Storm. Callisto would be cool too although I would not join Magneto's cause.

Go see the movie for yourselves, prepare to be entertained, you will be in for a wicked thrill ride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Angel can fly at great speed and height. He also has the ability to heal, I think, and fire metal feathers. Yeah. *is a geek*

I really disliked the movie version of Rogue. First of all, I'm a big Gambit/Rogue fan--they're the true lovers of the comics, even if Rogue is plagued with such an unfortunate ability. Second, I love Gambit, a LOT of people love Gambit, and I just can't imagine why the producers decided to remove him completely from the story and replace him with a piece of bleah like Iceman. Argh.

If I were a mutant, I would definitely be Rogue. Although I can't touch anyone. Damn.

Nikki said...

hi! thanks szusza i needed to know that. seriously. : )

well you know hollywood producers... anyway... so you don't love the movie?

Anonymous said...

I would've loved the movie MORE if they didn't focus so much on Jean Grey. She has enough exposure in the cartoon series, so I'm sick of her at this rate. ;_;

The others I love, though. *hearts Hugh Jackman*

Nikki said...

o.O I agree!!! *drools over Hugh Jackman* HAHA