Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mission Accomplished

There are a bunch of things I have always wanted to do and when I read an article on Mandy Moore about things she wishes to accomplish before she turns 30 and it inspired me to make my list. Some of the things she wanted to do I want for myself to.


There are a lot of things I want to try do before I turn 30 or maybe before I even die. These are things I want to happen in my life, some of them I fear and some of them I want with all my heart and soul but I can't somehow reach. I want this list to be about testing my limits and see where I can find myself in the future.

  • Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity - although I can hardly do grunt work do save my life. I am willing to learn and I can carry stuff around. This would definitely be a great experience.
  • Take up photography - there is something about the world around me that makes me want to capture every moment I can on film.
  • Learn how to play the drums
  • Learn how to SCUBA dive and get my license - I have always had respect and fear for the sea / ocean with all those people dying at sea and it reminds me of its power and of its beauty and I want to experience it.
  • Write a novel
  • Learn how to play an electric guitar
  • Learn how to surf - as I said I love the sea and I have this fascination with surfing and the waves.
  • Publish a collection of my poetry
  • Run a marathon
  • Get my masters abroad - I want to experience studying in another country and what a better way than to get my MA in another country.
  • Learn how to knit
  • Learn to sew actually - No matter how many sewing lessons we had in TLE back in my elementary / high school days I cannot sew to save my life.
  • Visit Italy, Prague, New York and a lot of other places
  • Try to send at least one kid to school - I want to help an underprivileged kid stay in school and reach his / her goals in life.
  • Ultimate road trip around the Philippines
  • Learn 3 other languages
  • Learn to cook
  • Go on an archeological dig - I wanted to be an archeologist when I was a kid.
  • Plant a tree and grow my own flower and vegetable garden
  • Throw a surprise party for a friend
  • Learn how to dance - I have weak (???) hand-eye coordination so I want to learn how to dance.
  • Complete my first painting - I love the arts, I revel in them although drawing is seriously the one thing I can't do to save my life but that doesn't stop me from wanting to complete a painting.
  • Play beach volleyball - okay this is lame but I haven't played beach volleyball in my life... or wait did I? I'm not sure...
  • Go mountain climbing - I have a fear of heights but only when I rappel and look down something but climbing up places isn't a problem for me.
  • Record a song - I'm not looking for a new career but I do want to learn how to sing and just record a song for fun.
  • Bungee jump and sky dive - this would really test my limits.
  • Learn to bake and decorate pastries
  • Write about 500 poems and stories
  • Model
  • Write a screenplay
  • Work for UN
  • Make a difference in someone's life and teach them a valuable lesson - that's all I want to make an impact in my own little way.
  • Learn web graphic design
  • Direct a documentary
  • Try my hand at styling for a magazine - I have an ever growing love for fashion so it would be fun to be a stylist even for just one shoot.

There are so many other things I want to accomplish in my life and who knows I might take some off the list because I accomplished them and replace them with more dreams that I want to reach.

***Magazine Scans courtesy of MandyMoore.org

No comments: