Tuesday, December 27, 2005

2005 In Retrospect

I have said this a million times but it is the truth and it seems appropriate... what I am trying to say is that time flies... seriously in about 5 days it would be another year! It has been a very interesting year... for everyone I guess... it is part of life to sort of always have that twist to keep us on our toes and not be lulled into complacency...

It has been a year filled with drama, laughter, tears... and just everything in between...

This year...

*I graduated with a Gen. Excellence Award (WOOHOO!!) HAHA
*I lost then gained weight (BOO!!) HAHA and right now I am trying to lose weight again...
*I had another birthday! HAHA
*I got accepted at UST and I am taking up Journalism... the only course for me...
*By going our separate ways, my friends and I seem to grow closer... although we are mostly in close proximity... well you get my point...
*I learned to value the importance of my family, my love for my friends
*I grew a bit more independent but dependent at the same time (HUH?!)
*I still don't have a boyfriend! HAHA But somehow I am not looking for "HIM" anymore... he will come to me and when he does I'll be one happy gal! HAHA
*I was exposed the life of a college student and I am loving it...
*I had my taste of the "graded" life and it has treated me pretty good so far...
*I met amazing people... more to add to those I have known before... some changed my life for the better... some opened my eyes to the world (shout out to Kuya Roger... you have taught me so much... thank you... to my 1JRN1 blockmates thanks for accepting me with your open arms!)
*I made new friends...
*I laughed
*I was depressed
*I was broken hearted
*I cried
*I got angry

But mostly I lived... although sometimes regretfully not to the fullest but somehow I am taking that day by day... a lot of things have changed this past year and if you were to tell me this a few years back I would have cried and dreaded it and never wished for it to come but now I look at the changes as blessings in disguise... though some changes still aren't that good to me they taught me to be strong, they still are... and I am so thankful that I am still given the oppurtunity to live each day, learn from my mistakes and just take in the miracle that is life... I have been blessed in more ways than one and for that I am grateful.

So here's to 2005! You have been my friend and my foe! You have taught me so much though... wow that rhymes! HAHA

Here's to you 2005!!

And to 2006... I shall welcome you with open arms...

And for the coming year what I wish for is...

Self-improvement... to be a better person so that I can welcome all the new experiences and lessons with an open mind and heart!

Here's to both of you!

Goodbye 2005!

Hello 2006!

No comments: