Sunday, May 15, 2005

Finally...

I will now tell you finally what happened last Friday the 13th it was a pretty interesting day...

It all started when Pchan arrived at my house at around 3:00 where Jhe and her mom picked us up... then we arrived at Pioneer Center, Pasig where the 99.5 RT Ripe Tomatoes Concert was held. It had 26 bands that included... HALE, Barbie's Cradle, Parokya Ni Edgar, Session Road, Mojofly, U Turn, Velcro, Kjwan, Sandwich and a whole lot more... it was a free admission concert in the parking lot of Pelangi Bar...

We arrived at around 5:00 but the concert was supposed to start at 6:00... we arrived early because Jhe's mom wanted to make sure that our reservation was okay and she left us to eat at Chowking... where we had our early dinner...

We went to the concert venue at 6:00 and well our table was at the center we were about two tables away from the center of the stage which was so cool... but when we got there it started to drizzle... great luck that day really... haha

So the concert started at around past 7:00 and the first band was U Turn, then if I remember correctly the next it was Barbie's Cradle... Barbie is so pretty really! Loved her pink tank which she wore on stage! Their performance made me really excited and I was so ready to see the other bands!

I won't really get into detail but before HALE there was this band called Tropical Depression which for me gave of the whole 50 First Dates vibe... you know like you were just lying on a beautiful sun drenched beach... just relaxing... which is what I want to do now... might I add... haha

Then what was funny while they were performing Champ came up the stage on the other side because there were two sides where bands could perform... there were two set of drums and Tropical Depression was playing on the right side of the stage and Champ came up the left side... and this might seem funny to a lot of you but my world just stopped! Seriously, Jhe and Pchan saw him to and we were like "OMG!!!" what can I say sobrang kinilig kami! I was like "I'm love!" hahahahaha

I know I say that often about a lot of people but hey! I am single I can say what I want and besides as if there is something to be done about that... he was smiling and just chilling and he was vocalizing... with his back turned to the crowd of course but whoa really that highlighted my night! (Rembert is probably laughing at me right now! Haha)

And then when they performed I know I told my friends this but girls started to flock in front of the stage taking pics with their different cams! We have a picture too!!! Haha courtesy of Jhe! Just waiting for a copy of that and maybe I'll post it here!!!! We have about five pictures of him! Hahaha (addicted??? Haha)

Just so cool... anyway after that was the bad event that changed the course of the entire night! Kjwan was next which I was also excited about but then when those "jologs" outside the perimeter of the venue they started to climb up the fences when they heard that Kjwan was the next band and the next thing I knew was they were in front of us mind my term but I call them "jologs na mga rakista" it was scary because they all looked alike! All of them were almost wearing the same clothes because they were all in black!
Don't get me wrong I don't have a thing against expressing yourself thru clothing... and they were expressing that they were "rakistas" through wearing black "rock" clothing but it looked like they came from this cloning factory...

It was scary because it looked like they were out for trouble... they just completely gate crashed and well nag slamman sila doon! What makes matters worst was this concert had tables! There were no areas for "mosh pit" activity... it may be a free admission concert but there were tables! Like hello!!! They didn't act like civilized people and that ticked me off! Add the fact that we were run out of our own table where of course we were paying for food! We still had to pay but we were run out of this! Jhe's parents got scared so just after 6 bands we had to leave which sucked! REALLY SUCKED!

There were some girls na nakasabay namin sa cr that were also so pissed off because hello! The night was ruined... they even started throwing water at each other... and Rembert told me nag hagisan pa daw ng chairs! It was just so uncivilized! They ruined a great night!

So we left at around past 9:00, can you believe it just two hours into the whole concert! Jhe's parents thought it was a bit early so they decided that we should go to the Watering Hole in Shangrila but the place was backed so we retired to Padi's Point Edsa Central... where the lead girl singer of this indoor band looked like Toni Gonzaga! Haha

Anyway it just sucked how they ruined that night! I was looking forward to a lot more acts! But I remember when we were about to leave Jhe said "Sana umulan" and unlucky for them but luckily for us it did rain! Haha I think Parokya and Session Road weren't able to play!

And before I go... as I said I have nothing against rockers, gangsters or any individual... I am a rocker too but I know my manners... I just wish that they knew theirs...

*kisses*
nikki

No comments: